Tuesday 1 July 2014

BOLATITO'S BRIDAL MAKEOVER

He who fails to plan
is planning to fail.....
                     -Winston Churchill

Make hay(they say)
while the sun shineth still...
                      - Anon

Set thy hand to purpose....
           -Spartacus


Hello darlings,

Hope my words of wisdom are seared into your hearts. This is the essence of today's post guys. This post is all about Bolatito Maryam Fashina(as she then was). Now, Bolatito has been a dear friend since time immemorial BUT....this babe does not ever...and I mean ever...listen to me. So you can imagine my amazement when she was actually seeking my advice on a number of things concerning her wedding...Let's backtrack a bit(we seem to be getting ahead of ourselves)...
Bolatito had been discussing her June 7 wedding with me since August 2013!....oh yes! 
She had us glam her up for her October 20th introduction ceremony...(For the benefit of my foreign readers, an introduction ceremony precedes the actual wedding. Also, what we call an engagement ceremony is actually the traditional wedding!).

Bolatito's Introduction look....pardon us guys she didn't allow my assistant begin early 'cos she thought pro makeup was a 20 min affair.....please take note ladies.....this 'makeup thing' is like surgery!





So, moving on, we got to skin care consultation and the results were spectacular! The essence of starting early cannot be over emphasized ladies... Bolatito, just like many of my brides, was glowing like a gazillion stars on her wedding day!
Anyhoo, the wedding was a 1-day affair at the Nikkoms Event Centre, Yaba, Lagos. So on the 6th day of June, 2014, we arrived the bride's suite at Splendour hotel, Obanikoro, Lagos(a very lovely hotel with wonderful customer care If I do say so myself....Please if you live around Obanikoro and you don't use Splendour hotel, I shan't come!!!). 
Our mission was to pamper her with a facials, mani and pedi. Chika(the hair maestro) was also there to install the queen's mane. Bolatito left no stones unturned, and we ensured the months of planning didn't go to waste!!!

For the event, we had the nik'kah ceremony first and Bolatito was looking royal in her all-white ensemble! The second outfit was a lovely sea-foam green and peach attire. Finally, she danced her way to her reception in a beautiful well-fitted wedding dress! We were on hand to glam up this belle, her bridal train, mum and sisters. The results were simply awesome even Linda Ikeji featured her.... Yours truly captured a lot of moments and the gods of photography were my friends..... no wonder I didn't have the strength to get into my aso-ebi.

Special shout out to my team Bukola, Banke, Flora, Tope and Nike....you never disappoint!

On to the pictures!!!! 
BEFORE
This picture was taken before 6:00 a.m. T'was a commando morning guys!!!!





AFTER


I'm blown away by the purity of this look(I just watched an epic movie and it is taking its toll...smh!!!)









COLLAGE
 So, we moved on to get these 2 belles ready for the nik'kah





their makeup lasted the entire day!!!!!





Outfit 2
STUNNING! I simply waved my brushes and she transformed!



Exquisite beads by Sassy Jewellery.....27C45448
The combination of colours was simply mind-blowing!






COLLAGE




The Apatiras
\

So, while 'Tito and Le Boo were away, the bridesmaids and I got to play!!!!


BEFORE AND AFTER CBM OF LIFE!!!!


I can't remember what I told her, but trust me, it was really funny!!!! Let me acknowledge vendors here.....Dress was by Rose Blossom Bridals(ask Google for their details please)




 



 





 I got to practice photography!!!!! I love these girls royally!!!!!



We had fun!



Fot the final look, we had to take the party to the belle of the ball. We arrived and more fairy dust was sprinkled and voila, the hair was magnificently coiffed by the hands of Chika for Brushes N Colours!!!!

 Before the final look though, Chika first put Tito's hair in a curly chic side-swept style for her photoshoot before putting it up in a magnificent wrap for the reception. Anything is possible guys.....just hook up with Brushes N Colours and we'll get the show on the road for you!!!! Photo credit: Focal Point Photography


She looked like a princess in her lovely lace and tulle dress!!!


So, we wish the Apatiras a blissful marriage and may the blessings of this union never elude you!!!! To all the lovely people who follow me on IG and BBM and took the time to come introduce themselves, thanks a lot!!! To Kofo, Lolade(Sassy Jewellery), Toyodad, Bunmi, Joke, Bukky, Tayo, |Fadekemi, Febisara, you and many others really turned up for Tito, thanks for being there!!!
And to you my dear reader....I thank you for staying with me through this. I hope the pictures were worth the wait.....the remaining pictures are testimonials and me capturing some moments..........do keep browsing

I love her stern look as well!!!
LOVELY!!!!
L-R: Temitope, Damilola, Modupe, Zainab, Bolatito, Temidire, Damilola




When the bride is ready to dance....not even a train of beauties can stop her.....Forward March!!!! The little bride was a bit terrified! Tito....shame on you!!!! LOL


and once again, everyone was happy!






Aso-ebi Ladies weren't left out either







COLLAGE




Testimony time..........












Mission accomplished or nah?


Till next post hunnies!!!!





11 comments:

  1. Aww. Nice blog. It's true Tope didnt wash her face for more dan 24 hours. Lool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh!!!!! glad you were all happy!!!! thanks....

      Delete
  2. Lol@not washing the make-up.....Tito A.K.A proudy,I knew you were gonna wow us dat was why I came with my crew.....And to d whole wedding paparazzi,Twas really lovely..Kudos to dem! Once again HML....Hp you have washed off the make-up now?ts almost a month biko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol@ not washing the makeup! I have told them ooooo....glad we didn't disappoint you and your crew ma'am

      Delete
  3. It's like yesterday was my wedding!wow my pictures all over BBM.am so happy I chose the right MUA.i wish we cld ave a recap of the whole thing...lolz!Thanks once again to Brushes n' Colours crew.and to everyone that participated in making my day a fab one.every ashes in our life will be turn to beauty in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww..........Amen to all your prayers and thanks a lot sis.....twas really a wonderful experience and we are glad to have been a part of it. The crew say hi!

      Delete
  4. Omo Tola , CEO "Brushes n' Colour" Nice one. You are Simply on point .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Focalpoint Fotografia....thank you so much, and you are simply amazing....please leave your contact details here so people can holler for an amazing experience!

      Delete
  5. I testify to d Fact dat Rope didn't wash I face till d next day. Thanks for making up look pretty... U rock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...........many thanks for appreciating what we were paid to do. God bless you guys!!!!
      Please wash your faces oooooo, so that on your big days, we wont have plenty issues to deal with!

      Delete