Tuesday 8 July 2014

MY INTRODUCTION

Hi all,

You are welcome to this blog post, and I hope you are feeling as blessed as I am today. So, over the past week, a lot of newbies asked if the picture on the blog head is me. Well, for those who don't know, the picture up on the blog head is me and so was the previous one. Moving on to the main story for the day...

I know some of you won't even bother with the introductories before heading straight to the pictures....hehehe. For this purpose, I'll keep it brief and cut out all the 'boy meets girl story'. Maybe someday, if Mr. Bunz permits, I shall gist you....the gist long ehn!
So guys, I had my introduction ceremony on the 21st of April 2014, Easter Monday(2 weeks after my birthday). For those who are as clueless as I was, an introduction ceremony is the prelude to the wedding. The major business of the day is to introduce key members of both families to one another. Other issues relating to the proposed wedding, such as presentation of the engagement list, payment of the bride price, selection of possible dates for the intended wedding, etc, may also be discussed. Mine, being the first contact ever, between both parents was only about the introduction per se

It was a fairly intimate affair with my parents, Rev. & Rev.(Mrs.) Olusegun Otitoola, being the hosts. My siblings, two young men named Babajide and Oladunmade, graced the event with their esteemed presence *rolling my eyes*.
The event took place in my father's sitting room. We had two of my father's friends(who are actually his cousin and best man), their wives and kids in attendance to receive my parents' would-be in-laws. Also in attendance were two pastors, Pastor Onabowale and Pastor Shorinmade, and their wives, from the Vessels of Honour International Gospel Ministry,Baruwa, Ipaja, Lagos. A few of my friends also attended. 

Big apology to all those who didn't get invited, it does not in any way mean you're less important. I can only blame myself for not planning properly! 
From this event, courtesy Debola Styles Photography, I had over 1000 pictures to choose from, a herculean task indeed! So I decided to present the pictures to you in a collage style. Explanations will be below the pictures. Stay tuned till the end for a surprise. Maybe if i feel up to it, I just might upload a short video of the event to youtube!
Ah yes, one final thing, His name is Chibuzor Orgu.....an Igbo man!!!!


Meet my In-laws: Their arrival....Daddy Orgu has a cream Fedora on, Mrs. K. Orgu, his wife, is wearing a blue and grey lace. Maazi Ogueri is the bespectacled man donning a grey fedora. Aunty Ugochi, as she is fondly called by us all(yes, the famzing has started!), is wearing the wine lace. Mr. Emeka Orgu(Chibuzor's elder brother) is wearing the black outfit while his pretty wife, Nonye Orgu is wearing the green native attire. Chigozie Orgu(Chibuzor's younger brother) is wearing the green and white native attire. Uncle Anthony is wearing the green and black kampala......Sandra, the only girl of the Orgu family was away in school and couldn't attend the event.




Here..my family and relatives were seated while the Orgu family came in and greeted accordingly. Pastor Onabowale led the opening prayer, and afterwards, the praise and worship session was conducted by the Alaga and her assistant. (That's the dancing you see above).  The Orgu family sat down and there was a short exhortation by the Alaga.




All the while, Le Boo was in the ante-room with Chigozie, so when it was time for him to come in,  He and Chigozie were ushered in with drums and singing and as you can see, he was, and still is, very glad. You see, I am his dream come true, His missing bone, a divine answer to his fervent prayers!




At this point, he declared his intention for coming...and was 'drilled' by the alaga. My cutie then had to prostrate before my parents as it is done in my custom and afterwards they prayed for him. Thereafter, he took pictures with my mum and dad.

The same thing was repeated here. He received prayers from his parents and proceeded to take pictures.









My outfit for the day: Cord and gele were gotten from Lagos Island. Shoes are from Pam Castro Boutique 2AED0626. Beads by Sassy Jewellery 2BB14AE4. Gele was beaded by my tailor, Rachael 08028809547. Purse was borrowed from my mother....go borrow yours hehehehe!



All the while, yours truly was getting ready! I didn't plan to do a Before and After but manage this one biko


I had a small photo session before heading out to meet my family(new and old), and Le boo! Please note I had to literally beg my assistant to do my makeup...shakara has started for her.....smh!


 
Me, all glammed up, with some of my friends ushering me into the 'arena'

Dancing and spraying











So, it was time for me to get blessings from my dad's cousin, my dad and my mum!

I took pictures with my parents...aren't they lovely? Then more pictures with my dad's cousin and his wife. Then my dad's best man and his wife



Chibuzor was called and I was given a passage from the book of Songs of Solomon to read "oh that you were like my brother, who nursed at my mother's breasts, if I should find you outside, I would kiss you........". Apparently, the Alaga's plan was to get us to lolox in front of the entire nation....smh! It didn't work! We ended up embracing and praying.....moving on



The paparazzi!


So, cutie presented me to his parents who took turns to pray for us. Aunty Ugochi a.k.a mummy wa also prayed for us

I took pictures with my second mummy and daddy, Mummy wa, Alhaja(woman in yellow), Chigozie, Uncle Anthony, Maazi Ogueri, Emeka and Nonye(munye dim).

And then it was off to meet Le Boo...He blessed me and gave me money according to yoruba tradition and custom with the Alaga singing "funmi lowo o oko mi fun mi lowo" (give me money, my husband, give me money)






Me and the love of my life....He is love personified!

After a short exhortation by Pastor Shorinmade, It was introduction time. From the youngest to the oldest, members of the Orgu family stepped out to introduce themselves by name and occupation. We miss Sandra dearly!

The customary presentation of gifts...assorted fruits, wine, biscuits, sweets and chocolates.....thanks to Folashade Elemide and Sholape for your tips


My brothers introduced themselves, so did my pastors, my dad's best man, my dad's cousin, his wife, then my parents!



For those who know my mum, this was shocking....my mum in tears....smh! this woman called mama Tola shocks me every blessed day!



My dad giving his introduction/speech




Apparently, every fruit has a significance. The pineapple you see sitting on the floor is me, while the crown is Chibuzor.....we cracked up here!!!







Everyone prayed for us.....and this marked the end of the introduction ceremony!



Chibuzor gave the vote of thanks and announced to everyone that it was Mummy wa's birthday.....we had a surprise cake for her and everyone sang a birthday song....She was thrilled and pleasantly surprised.....



Item 7 was about to go down. Here, I need to acknowledge my parents, Mr. Bunz, the caterers, supported by my pastor's wives, my baby girl!, CEO of Ofoodi(she handled the chinese cuisine), Ronke Akamoh, Simbo, Omolola, Tobi, Ronke, Mistura(who made souvenirs for me....smh), Everyone!!!....they all helped me out! I'm blessed to have y'all



L-R: Aderonke, Oyeronke, Tobi, Simbo, Omolola, Vivienne, Mistura, Dideolu, Bukola




Some of my favourite pictures ....

 

























































this babe....ofoodi. Lecturer and life scholar!


My assistant turned friend, turned sister......love you babe!!!



Finally, to my surprise, Chibuzor proposed with a ring on the 22nd of June shortly after my friend's wedding!!!! Obviously, he had proposed before now, hence the introduction, but I was not expecting to get a ring till the wedding day, what can I say.....I'm blessed!!!!









 






I sincerely hope this post is entertaining and informative at the same time.
Keep praying for us people.....thanks a lot.


N.B. I promised my assistant that I would retake the pictures and have my nails painted...smh! Bukola, please forgive me....I actually painted the nails but they got smeared! okbye!!!!
 
Till my next post hunnies!

12 comments:

  1. Funny girl!detailed story line...you got me laughing@this woman called mama tola shocks me every blessed day.
    May God perfect that which he has started in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha........tito! na so ooooo...thanks a lot my sister! God bless you richly! much love

      Delete
  2. Congratulations,I love ur ring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww....thank you so much oladoyin....xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much alade abimbola oluremi....God bless

      Delete
  4. Congrats blood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!! Beautiful ring...Wishing u all d very best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much darling........muah!!!!

      Delete