Wednesday 4 June 2014

VIENNE'S INTRODUCTION MAKEOVER

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!

LOOOOONGEST POST EVER

GRAB YOUR POPCORN.... WHILE I GRAB MY WHEATMEAL AND WHITE SOUP

THIS MIGHT SEEM LIKE A LOVE NOTE, PLEASE, JUST BEAR WITH MEandifyoucannot,thentearyourdress!!!
 

So....... why the exclamations? why the noise? why the long post?...this is about my love...the darlingest of them all...the realest and the strongest, but I'll try to keep it as brief as possible(sic!).




HOW WE MET 

I attended Uni with this babe(please don't even ask me any hard questions...the name of the Uni is in my past!). And this babe was a meany!!!! One day, she fixed one kain hair like that to class and I went to her to ask for the name of the weave...hian, see wahala, she now said she didn't know...like seriously!!!!! But as the good christian my momma raised me to be, I forgave her whole-heartedly. (Trust me, this is the only version to this story...hahahahhah)

Anyways, fast forward 2 or 3 years, we ended up in the same law school in Abuja and since we both didn't have roomates, and we had mutual friends, and were from the same Uni, Tobi and Enitan(also from 'the-Uni-that-shall-not-be-named) thought it a great idea to pair us...*we both rolled our eyes* but anyway, in the words of Sir Usman Sakalola Pedigree,  "half egg roll is better than rockbuns "...better each other, than some Ogbanje girl from one yeye university...Law School wasn't for games...234k wasn't beanzzz!

As the good God would have it(humming some negro spiritual songs now), this geh became my P-I-C, my love, my violin-player, my business analyst, my agony aunt, my school mother; heck, she used to tuck me in bed and clear my books and laptop from my bed whenever i dozed off from watching Boondocks or South Park!!!(You thought I was gonna say reading MyNLS notes abi *snorts* aint nobody got time for that...hahaha!!! I pray my father doesn't read this post, otherwise, I'm finished!!!!)
We've been through a lot together...Vienne, you remember when our skirts couldn't size us again because we ate too much meatpie during class break...such tragic moments!!!

Unto more serious things...This babe was one of my biggest encouragers, critics, and cheerleaders in my makeup business...So, while in law school, when i was still drawing strange things called eyebrows, this babe booked her makeup(FYI, her sis is a fantastic MUA)...such was the relationship that existed between me and my bae!!!!
Realistically, I can't even write everything I'm supposed to...But let's sha move to the main story(I'll wait for you while you get your boli and epa)

FIRST OF ALL.....INTRODUCTION!!!

Remember I said this babe booked her makeup while we were in law school but I honestly didn't expect her to take it seriously 3 years afterwards....I mean!!!!
Anyway, that's how she called me for her 3-part wedding....oh yes......3!!! We discussed cash cos she insisted on paying me despite my protests(I speak from the bar)......and that marked the beginning of my trauma since January...Bridezilla was born!!!!

BEING BRIDEZILLA

Vienne would send me pictures of Beyonce with threats attached "you had better make me look like this for my intro or else....."
Vienne would send me face charts of Contour and Highlighting at 3:00a.m.
Vienne would harass me for not acknowledging payment of her deposit within 4seconds of getting the alert!!!
Vienne would stalk my dp on BBM and save pictures of my other brides and lecture me on her modifications and variations
Vienne sent me pictures of virtually every makeup artist in Nigeria and abroad...always at ungodly hours
I had to block vienne's number and tagged her 'winch client'
Bridezilla was also giving her event planner, Bolanle of B' signature, hell:
she wanted all white chair covers
she wanted maidens waiting at the door to receive the guests
she wanted the traditional troupe playing the drums and not the DJ  while her makeup was being done
Bolanle was to ensure that the Welcome signs and Red Carpet were on point(and I'm not even joking)
she wanted EVERYTHING!!!!
But I still love her to death despite all...

So, on the 26th of April 2014, we all assembled at Her Royal Highness' residence and got the show cracking........Brushes n Colours, B'signature, Jeffrey Olalekan and a host of other vendors, maidens, royal subjects, and the court jester made this introduction between VIVENNE NDUKWE and 'YEMI yumyum ODOFIN and their families a memorable one...Let me even spare you the details of their love story......all I know is, I cried...... 

Pic by @jeffrey olalekan....caught this precious moment....like I said, there is so much unrevealed than the revealed!

Below are pictures that made the cut...I was too busy with makeup and food to take more pictures but i hope you enjoy the ones I took........
All pictures are unedited except where expressly stated
 



BEFORE
 
 
 
AFTER
This beautiful frock was the inpiration for the eyeshadow....thankfully, it matched the main outfit......lol, just kidding, I did my homework guys!!!!



The look was just fab fab fab....vienne got all she wanted...
Contour...check
Highlight...check
Beyonce...check
DORO E'RYTHING
 


SIDE VIEW of my dark pink and eggplant smokey eye with silver in the inner V paired with a nude lip...MAC Please Me




COLLAGE
So, vienne got into this bubble gum pink guipure lace from Kwamhule Fabrics

Hair pulled back, ready for the gele



PICTURE PERFECT

 
COLLAGE


BLACK AND WHITE EDIT.......LOVE IT!!!!





She was all smiles....this girl has a beautiful smile and a heart to go with it

 
 


My bae, the manager of all things ....working even on her intro

Do you think I should take up photography?


Jeffery Olalekan....Photographer of life....He only employs lawyers as his assistants!!!

and thats enitan otherwise known as enibaby...

Vienne and Tobi(the baddest combo any girl could ever have)


From L-R(Jane-Jane, Tobi, Tola, Enitan) courtesy Rooms 206 & 207
Vienne and some of her numerous dark 'sisters'......the original sisters are all asanwa tomato jos!!!!

Flower by B'Signature.....I should seriously consider photography!!! Yes, No?


ag

From L-R   Bimbo, Yumyum, Vienne(her second look for the after party), Enitan(struggling to be seen), Jen-Jen, Tola, Tobi

Me and yumyum....the man of the hour and my brother...check out my natural contour guys!!!!

Yumyum, Me and Bolanle of B'Signature

Yumyum, Vienne, Me and Bolanle

Love vienne's dark look her for the party!!!!
 


Vienne...her boo and her bestie from time immemorial.....Bolanle

 
So guys, hope you enjoyed this as much as I did....Please wish my love the very best you can!!! the time is 2:30 a.m. and my bed is calling...stay tuned for the wedding and keep us all in your prayers!!!!


Till next post hunnies........muah from the mua!!!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely scripted....brushes and colours. ..thumbs up :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u very much anon...your feedback keeps me going *hugs*

      Delete
  2. So you guys attended OSU hahaha nice job tola funny enough you guys are'nt razz unlike some OSU peeps I won't mention lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. But why can't you keep a secret sef anon! Hahahaha
    OSU girls rock tho...I hardly know any razz ones

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't go to OSU oooooooo! *Disclaimer* lool. BTW Tola gave my face an amazing beat. Iv had to keep swearing to peeps that this r intro pics... Too excited for Disc 2.... P.S I might nt say ds on a reg Bcos u r a winch! Tola. I love You & I am so amazed at how great ur work keeps getting. God Bless U... Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chai.....dis geh can lie!!!! Hahhahahhah....
      Babe.....I can't wait for Disc 2 either....I love you too and may God continue to bless us......
      Few days to go.......*whoop whoop*

      Delete
    2. Would there be a reason why you are ashamed of your school...i noticed its not stated on your linkedin too

      Delete
  5. Louis Oyewales Omot16 July 2014 at 03:14

    VVY!!! Congrats and nice job cum good structure to carry the good job of brushes!

    ReplyDelete