Wednesday 18 June 2014

FUNLOLA'S BRIDAL MAKEOVER

Hello beautiful people,
 
 
 I trust you are doing good...I am really excited to write this post, so I'll just get to it straighaway! You know what they say about when something is yours, you let it go... and somehow, it will find its way back to you? Well, that is essentially what this story is based on! Funlola got my BBpin via facebook sometime in February, her wedding was coming up in May and taking place in Ibadan. We began chatting and negotiating but somehow, we could not come to an agreement.




As a matter of fact, she told me point blank that there was "NO DEAL" and so we existed on each other's BBM, vaguely aware of each other's presence. Fast forward April 7th....my birthday! I noticed her updates kept coming up on my timeline about her friend's wedding and no birthday wish from her to me....haba! life isn't that hard na....trust me! I pinged her asap and demanded...yes! I demanded to be wished a happy birthday and like the good sport she is, she even put up this picture of me...

 
My brothers and sisiters in the lord!(testimony time) It was as if I had seen into the future....Unknown to me, Funlola's sister, Toni, and her friend, Bisi, in the UK at the time, were being used by God to fight this 'battle'. They specifically told her to make sure the person whose picture was on her dp was the one to do her wedding makeup....God is definitely involved!
Anyway, Funlola was battling her personal demons but finally gave in to the voice of reason(hahahahahaha, thanks Toni, Bisi and all my Brushes n Colours Ninjas) and she called me up 1 week to the wedding! (It's amazing I was even available to handle her makeup personally). Anyway, in a sharp sharp fashion, we made necessary arrangements and May 29 saw me and Nike en route Ibadan! Bukola joined us on the 30th(she had to cater to another bride)
 
Funlola's wedding was a 2-day event. The engagement ceremony took place at the University of Ibadan, while the wedding reception was held at the Ibadan Civic Centre...
Before pictures, I need to mention something....Funlola and Toni are the best hostesses ever! Toni was simply amazing! She is like the best sister any bride could ask for! She was totally committed to making her sister's wedding a success....God bless you greatly babe! The wedding was spectacular, and we at Brushes n Colours wish Funlola a wonderful experience in marriage!

(All pictures are unedited)
BEFORE
I need to mention something about Funlola's beautiful features...She has one of the best hairlines I have seen,
considering she is always on Ghana weaving. Also, the award for the best dentition ever, goes to her!


 
AFTER
I can't stop staring at the transformation guys!!!
 
   
                  




That confident laugh is what we are about at Brushes N Colours



Simply Fab Fab Fab!!! Funlola is also a PD....So we tried to blend simplicity with fabulousity. What say ye?

 
GO GIRL.....that dentition!!!!!



 





 
I enjoyed taking these pictures and got saddled with too many pictrues to choose from.....Collage to the rescue




 





 BEFORE


 
AFTER
Simplicity was the watchword for the day...we nailed it!!!



RIGHT BACK AT YOU BABE
 
 
Less is more.....do you agree?
 
 
I love the all-lace wedding dress



 BEFORE meets AFTER



Presenting Toni, the amiable sister of the bride....She patiently waited till I was available to do her own makeup...You rock!!!


Beautiful!!!!



I have a feeling we will be back in Ibadan pretty soon *wink*

So guys......It's a wrap, we sure had fun! Can't wait to be in Ibadan again....hahahahaha.
Below are a few pictures of myself and Nike(a talented upcoming MUA, watch out for her people!!!) goofing around just before we started work.
By the way, I was testing out this hot pink lippie I just purchased, Yay or Nay? A review is coming up soon.






 
 
 
Till my next post hunnies.....
Muah!!!



7 comments:

  1. Thumbs up and yay to the pink lips love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much anon.....and I'll do a post soon on them lippies

      Delete
  2. Nice one dear loving d pink lips too so cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot misty darling.....*wink wink*

      Delete
  3. My shawty....I trust u anyday, anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much love babe.....and you know I always root for you anytime!!!! Thanks

      Delete
  4. Its really good to see the FUNLOLA'S BRIDAL MAKEOVER. I never got the chance to see the bridal makeover of some bride so I am really excited to read and watch this complete post.

    ReplyDelete