Monday 9 June 2014

TAIYE'S BRIDAL MAKEOVER

Hello beauties,
 
Hope the day is going well for you....I had a very eventful weekend...but my back aches like crazy; it was tito's wedding weekend(post coming soon). For those that think makeup artistry is for the lazy, ask God to forgive you! So, please, help save a soul, if you have info on where I can purchase them foldable makeup chairs, please hook a sister up, cos at this rate... though I ain't complaining, I just need to get my game together.

 
First and foremost people, just know that whatever you do, God, and probably some other person, is always watching. Although I have always known that, but this rang true for me concerning Taiye's wedding. Apparently, Taiye attended Bimbo's wedding(click here to see Bimbo's makeover)and was impressed by Bimbo's makeup. Unknown to me, I had become her MUA of choice even before we met(God is involved!). Negotiations commenced after Bimbo hooked us up on BBM(big shout out to Bimbo, bless you darl) and the rest, as they say, is history.
Makeup details and payment were discussed and concluded by February and we proceeded to polishing Taiye's skin. FYI guys, it is always better to book your MUA well ahead of time to enjoy the benefits. Just like Bimbo, Taiye was a dilligent bride, she obeyed every instruction and kept to her facials appointment.
 
I get to attend a lot of fabulous weddings people, and this one was no exception!!!! May 11th, my team arrived Radisson Blu just as the bride was waking up. We always early y'all!!! This wedding had me and my team glamming up Taiye, her sister and 3 mothers! There was a bit of challenge getting all the mums together though, but trust Brushes n Colours, with God on our side, we always make it work!!!
Taiye couldn't believe her eyes and Mauruphat was so thankful...no wonder she kept stuffing us with food during the event...
"Mauruphat, I am still trying to lose the calories from all the food and small chops oooo"...
So, Taiye had 4, yes FOUR outfits for the same day. The first all-white ensemble was for the nik'kah...
"Hmmmm...Taiye, I won't tell anybody how long we had to wait before the nik'kah started! but there is God ooooo hahahhaha..."
The second outfit was for the traditional wedding, Taiye went with champagne and aqua...a very lovely combination. The third outfit was the wedding gown for her reception entrance. Taiye's last outfit was a red lace with white gele for the owambe tinz...locked down by KWAM 1... I can't even shout guys!!! But I apologise...I could only take pictures up to the 3rd outfit...twas a hectic, yet fun day. On to the pictures...
 
 
 
BEFORE
Taiye's skin had visibly imporved in appearance and makeup glided on like burra

 
AFTER
Taiye glowed...we played with neutrals and simply focused on emphasizing her 'new found skin'

 

I think the next few pictures of the nik'kah makeup should be admired in peace
 

                                                         






MAKEUP, GELE, STYLING by Brushes n Colours
 
 
 
 




Mauruphat's makeup was done by Bukola for brushes n colours

 









FLAWLESSNESS!!!




Taiye's mum...gosh she's a beauty!!!



Every mother's proud moment
 




 
The girls and mummy, having their own diva moment


 


someone has definitely been practicing their selfie pose



Taiye's traditional wedding makeup. I love the brooch and coral neck piece. A first for me!!!




 












AYO's wife.......simply beautiful












It's always easy to smile so much once you're glammed up by Brushes n Colours

 

 

 

 


sister sister moment!!!!

Taiyes face was still on point even after 8 hours from initial makeup application
 It was a pleasure working with this amiable woman and I wish you and your new family a prosperous marriage. Also, a big shout out to everyone both known and unknown spreading good news about my business...your comments, referrals and criticisms are very much appreciated. May God also announce you and position you for favour.
 
Finally, I want to seize this opportunity to wish my bestie, Tobi Fajobi and Baba Kodie, a happy married life in advance, May 11th was her introduction ceremony, and since I was with this beautiful bride, I couldn't glam her(Tobi) up personally but my capable assistant, Bukola, was on hand to meet her beauty needs.
 
Thank you so much guys!
Till next post....MUAH from the MUA

2 comments: