Wednesday 20 August 2014

GET THE LOOK: MY 'MO GBO MO BRANCH' SISI YEMMIE'S WEDDING MAKEUP

Hello beauties,

This is a 'How to' slash confession post. Don't laugh at me ooo....Anyway, let she who is without blame be the first to cast a stone....So, before now, I swore that I would never ever be caught dead participating in that popular Lagos fad of 'mo gbo mo branch' FYI, 'mo gbo mo branch' literally means 'hear about it, attend it', irrespective of whether you know the celebrant or not. 

This is a case where ladies and some dudes sef shamelessly put on their Saturday best and set out with purpose to accompany their legitimately invited friends to attend parties where they have no idea who the celebrant is. Chai, yours truly has joined this club of shameless people ooo. I heard the executives of this shameless club will even go as far as wearing the colours of the day!
Guys, this is hard for me to share and I can still hear Wunmi Obe singing for me. It is with a deep sense of shame that I announce to you that I have become the president of this club. How e take happen....ask me ooo

On this beautiful day, as i was jejely sitting in my father's house like the good girl that I am, that's how Dideolu(Dudu-the-blackest-girl-ever-liveth for short) came visiting o, she mentioned that sisi yemmie was getting married as if we are comrades....hahahahahah. It was through her I knew who sisi yemmie was in the first place. Apparently they attended the same uni in the UK for their masters. Sisi yemmi is an award winning blogger and the winner of the penultimate My Big Nigerian Wedding Competiton. So in a sense, I think I kinda know her, abi? Anyway, she had won the competition, so her traditional wedding, and the strictly by invitation white wedding were to take place on Thursday,17th of July and Friday, 18th of July respectively. 
That was how Dudu suddenly came up with this bright idea that it would be nice for me to attend this wedding. I thought she was joking because if you know me well, I hardly leave my house except it has to do with makeup or church...shikena! So this babe, asking me to commit this sacrilegious act got me rebuking the devil instantly!

In my mind I knew it was free ride, company and makeup that was gingering the babe but she went through too much trouble to get me to attend o...anyway, after lots of threats and begging, I agreed to attend. This babe helped me with my house chores and kitchen runs and also bought aso-ebi for me (that aso-ebi story sef is another long story, smh!), it was then I knew this girl was serious. So exactly 1 week to the wedding, Dudu came calling and we went to my tailor's place and with that I knew there was no turning back! However, I politely declined to attend the Friday wedding because I had a bridal job to do on Saturday(I cannot let mo gbo mo branch interfere with my work ooo).

On the morning of the traditional wedding, Wunmi Obe's Mo gbo, mo ya kept playing in my subconscious...I then decided to reduce the gravity of my shamelessness by eating my own food at home instead of going to the party and ordering chinese, semo, salad and barbeque...bad move! I totally forgot that my tailor sewed my dress too tight(she can fall hand sometimes sha) and I had to suck belle throughout the entire party, the myriad of questions that kept pricking my mind did not allow me enjoy the lovely party either
"Me, mo gbo mo ya!"
"How will I enter this party sef...kai!"
"will i famz like I know the celebrant or will i just stick out like a sore thumb"
"when they want to bring the bride in, will i also stand up to dance with her as if we attended secondary school together or shall I just sit and watch(I will kill Dudu)"
"Assuming i even fool everyone sef, what will happen when the bride looks into her album months from now and sees me and asks "na who be dis"......(my reputation!).

Anyway, I glammed us both and we sizzled at the party. I don't think anyone noticed that I did not know the celebrant cos i respected myself and sucked my belle well. My shoes, pretty babies but very uncomfortable, wanted to disgrace me, but we serve a merciful God. Hahaahha.....The upside is that through this party I have gotten a few calls and referrals. But i will not be doing mo gbo mo branch again...I tender my resignation abeg

So, if you remember how we roll, products will be under the headings; Eyes, Face and Lips

Dudu's BEFORE. This babe has lovely smooth skin and she has become my muse. I can't believe I didn't see it all this while!


DUDU'S AFTER. She was unsure about the colour orange on her lips but who cares....she's my muse and I can do as I please!!!!

FYI, this gele though....It wanted to disgrace my skills....tis the hardest material I have ever come across...like roofing sheet......hahaha but we managed it well
NO FILTER....NO EDITS




DUDU 1ST LOOK

EYES

Davis pencil in 018

L’oreal gel liner in espresso(brows)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW45 NC50(for the brows)
L’oreal gel liner Blackest black
Claudia eyelashes
Duo grey eyelash glue
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Urban Decay half-baked gold eyeshadow
Sleek bronze eyeshadow
Sleek black eyeshadow
Urban decay matte brown eyeshadow


FACE
L’oreal face primer
Marykay oil mattifier
Coastal Scents Camouflage Palette Concealers
BlackUp Foundation FL09 & FL11
Ben Nye Powder in Banana, Sienne and Chestnut
Urban Decay setting spray
MAC Studio Fix Powder in NW50
MAC MSF in Dark Deep
Sleek contour kit in Dark(for nose, temples and hollow of the cheek)
Maybelline fit me concealer in Cafe Cafe(for highlighting)
Sleek Blush by in Sugar


LIPS
NYX Lip Pencil in 824 Orange
Sleek lipstick in papaya punch
NYX Clear gloss

TOOLS
Baby wipes
MaryKay makeup remover
Real techniques brushes
Mac brushes
Urban decay brushes


TOLA'S BEFORE......

TOLA'S AFTER.....THE LIPS GIVE ME LIFE!!!!










NO FILTER....NO EDITS.....WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. LOVING THE BROOCH BY THE WAY!


TOLA'S LOOK

EYES
Sleek brow pencil in 191 Brown
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC45, NC50, NW45(for the brows)
Bobbi brown brow kit
NYX Jumbo Pencils in Milk and Black Bean
Coastal scents gold shadow
Coastal scents black shadow
Ardell 111 lashes
L’oreal blackest black gel liner
Duo grey eyelash glue
Mary Kay Mascara in Lash Love



FACE
Noxzema triple clean anti-Blemish pads
Boots shine free primer
MaryKay oil matifier
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW50
Lancome Teint Idole Foundation
Ben Nye Powder in Banana & Sienne
Maybelline Fit me Concealer in Cafe Cafe & Deep Fonce
MAC Studio Fix Powder in NW45
Sleek contour kit in Dark
Sleek blush in Sugar

LIPS
Zaron lip pencil in red vines
MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo
Sleek Pout Paint in Peek-a-bloo





AFTER THE PARTY! STILL LOOKING HAWTT!!!





So, for the White wedding, Dudu went alone but I still had to glam her up. We were gisting so much I can't even tell you how long the makeup took. All I know is that she watched an entire movie; 'The Best man Holiday'



DUDU BEFORE!

DUDU AFTER......We wanted something different from the first look and Dudu couldn't believe her eyes!










DUDU 2ND LOOK

EYES
Davis pencil in 018
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW45 & NC50
L’oreal gel liner Blackest black
Claudia eyelashes
Duo grey eyelash glue
Urban Decay gold eyeshadow
Sleek black eyeshadow
Urban decay matte brown eyeshadow


FACE
Aaron's Milk of Magnesia
Black Radiance Complexion Primer
Regular Moisturizer(part of what took our time. Always let it settle!)
BlackUp Foundation in FL09 & FL11
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW50
Ben Nye Powder in Banana, Sienne and Chestnut
MAC Studio Fix Powder in NW50
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Dark deep
Sleek contour kit in Dark
Maybelline fit me concealer in Cafe Cafe
Sleek Blush by 3 in Pink Sprint
Urban Decay Setting spray

 LIPS
Zaron Lip Pencil in EZ08 Fussy Fusha
Revlon pink lipstick
Coastal scent white lipstick
NYX Clear gloss



So, there it is guys, I hope you find the list helpful....please leave your comments below. God bless you and remember, He alone makes all things beautiful in His time.


Till my next post hunnies
Muah!





2 comments:

  1. STUNNING....i love Dudu's gele style and your lippie is fierce:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww. The Beautiful Eagle.....
    Thank you soo mich and Happy New year in March!!!

    ReplyDelete