Friday 20 March 2015

blackUp TRAINING/ MASTER CLASS.......MEETING WITH DAVID CORANSON!






Dear fabulous people,



I am sorry for the silence and delay in updating this page! You know how busy I have been….of course you don’t! but don’t worry, I will tell you.
So I started work in March as the new blackUp Head trainer/Supervisor for Nigeria, and a small part of my objectives was to receive International Makeup Artist, David Coranson, understudy him, and assist him in the training of all blackUp artists and reps in Nigeria. We were also scheduled to hold a Master Class for the industry professionals.


A lot of planning went into the program which was to take place on the 4th and 5th of March. On the 2nd of March, I had a meeting with the brand manager(more on her in a later post!) and David Coranson at the Federal Palace hotel to strategize and plan. We threw around a lot of ideas and built up a frame work for the execution of the program. To be honest, I didn’t have much contributions to make….I was just taking plenty notes and soaking in everything I could like a brand new sponge! David, by the way is a fantastic artist, a patient and wonderful person as well, I can’t even begin to tell you how relaxed he made me feel....He had no airs around him despite his tremendously impressive résumé  
Anyways, we rounded up the first meeting and made plans to meet again the next day.
Day 2 saw me at the same hotel….this time, I was armed with plenty information and myself and David were able to add flesh to our frame work. We planned everything from the intro to the finale. I probably did not sleep a wink that night. I had slides to sort and videos to watch, there wasn’t even time for apprehension.

The training for students was supposed to be a 2-day affair for 25 persons each day from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00  p.m. It went well and I got to meet a lot of talented people….
Shortly after the training ended for Day 2, we got around to preparing for the Master class. The event started with cocktails and entertainment. The class began and the turn out/reception was impressive. In attendance were the likes of Bayo Hastrup, Lola Maja-Okojevoh(Sacred Beauty), Love Olaleye(Flawless touch Makeovers), Dave Sucre, Joyce Jacobs(JJB), Adekunmbi Fasakin(Sit Pretty Makeup Maverick), Adedayo Christine(Christine Creations). Representatives from BmPro, BellaNaija, Genevieve magazine, Mania magazine to name a few, were also in attendance. The essence of the evening was to introduce our novelties to the makeup world and re-present our best-selling products.

The novelties include an 8hr correcting primer(perfect for acne prone skin), the contouring stick(which is my favourite!) some new lip stick shades as well as the eye shadow palette! I will definitely be showcasing some of these products on here so be sure to visit often.
In all, it was a wonderful experience from start to finish and I felt honoured to be able to showcase and guide our wonderful guests alongside David.

Also, I promise to always give my honest opinion on any of the products guys….I will, so help me God. It’s easy to make this promise because blackUp is simply awesome. I have always known this and you can imagine how excited I am to be a part of such an awesome brand!

(Due to the fact that I was responsible for the slide presentation among other things, I wasnt' able to take too many pictures. I'll plan better next time) 
On to the pictures!








DAY 1. Picture taken with my phone....Before and After the training.


Some of the attendees taking part in various simulations and making some presentations




DAY 2. Random pictures just after the training of some blackUp artists in Nigeria






Day 2 Evening. Various demos by David and myself showing highlight and contour/ lip layering and 'the shakara' head wrap!



David and our 2 amazing models doing the designer's walk down our black carpet



A wonderful team! Vivienne, Myself, Nathaniel(Federal Palace Hotel, he'll have you know it is a 5-Star Hotel!), David



My week did not end with the event. On Friday and Saturday, David was in-store to give makeovers to some clients and I was on hand to assist as well...........phew!



Till next post hunnies!!!!



6 comments:

  1. Yaaaay, brushes and colours going places, the sky is your starting point dear.
    I am so proud of you

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling Tito....thank you soooo much....God bless you for your prayers.. may he lift you up as well.

      Delete
  2. Yayyyy!Ope ooo....some free blackup products for me...hehehehe!
    May GOD continue to take u higher n higher,this will b d least IJN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks ma'am, God bless you too.....
      Come and buy ooooo.............heheheh

      Delete
  3. Congrats dear! Keep going higher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much ma'am. I pray for greater heights for you as well

      Delete