Wednesday 29 January 2014

GET THE LOOK: My Dark Vampy Selfie















Hey beauties,  
  
Hope y'all are doing great. Personally, I'm really upset about the power or should I say
the no-power situation but I won't go political on you today though, so I'll focus on the post. 
 Dark lippies have been trending for a while so I decided to give it a go! I actually didn't think I would love the look but I do. Also, dark lippies, like red ones, make your teeth appear whiter so, that's definitely a plus!!!

Usually, one is advised to alternate between heavy eye makeup and mild lip colour or vice versa. But today, we are breaking the rules for this vampy look...Who's with me!!!!
So, as previously done, I'll list products under FACE, BROWS, EYES and LIPS. Here we go!!!


FACE

L'oreal magic perfecting base (this is one of my best primers ever!!!)

MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW50(for spots on my neck)

BlackUp Liquid Foundation in FL07 & FL08




























Ben Nye Powder in Sienne (I used this to set everything)

Maybelline fit me concealer in 30 cafe cafe (for higlighting).

Ben Nye Powder in Banana (I used this to set my highlight).

Black Opal Brow Shader (I improvised with this for my contouring).

Sleek Blush by 3 in Pink Sprint















BROWS/EYES

Davis pencil in 018

Mac concealers in NW50 & NW45

Bobbi Brown Higlight palette(the light colours were used to set my brow highlight)

Black Opal Brow shader (for filling my brows. This is optional)

Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion

Dark brown bobbi brown eyeshadow

Wine and blue from coastal scents 88 palette(in the crease for that purple effect).

Black eyeshadow from coastal scents 88 paletter in my outer 'v'

Ardell #116 natural lashes.

L'oreal gel liner













LIPS

Sleek True Colour Lippie in Smother

Sleek Pout paint in Peek-a-bloo(mixologist that I am!!!)



 





 
PICTURE TAKEN WITH FLASH
PICTURE TAKEN WITHOUT FLASH

 Well guys, I do hope you like the look. For lasting impact, you can line your lips with a coordinating lip liner. Also this look is perfect for a wedding, party, night out depending on your style and personality. Have fun and don't forget to leave a comment below. I'd love to read from you.

Till my next post hunnies!!!

8 comments:

  1. Awwwww, thanks a lot bukola, please do try out the look and let me know how it goes.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one ! Please i have been trying to reach u for some time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello anon, please reach me via email omotolaotitoola@yahoo.com or viafacebook
      https://www.facebook.com/tola4brushesncolours
      https://www.facebook.com/omotola.otitoola.7

      Delete
  3. Iz like winch...bet I luff Dix winch look. already picturing vavavoom hair and a vintage gold dress!!!! *winkwink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaaha @winch. Gosh!
      i just might make this my everyday look so i can always keep you being scared. Will consider switching it up soon. Thanks

      Delete
  4. I'm sooo wif Vivenne on dis... *notforgettingthehandfan* Hehehe! nice one 'as usual' babes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's go to the oscars ooooooo
      thanks abisola

      Delete