Monday 6 January 2014

MO' GLAM and MY MAKEUP ADDICTION

Hello beauties,
A Happy new year to you all. May 2014 be the year all your prayers get answered and God shows you his bignesssss!!!!!

So, I have to apologise for my silence...I'm scared to make promises to be a good girl this year, but God will help me!!! Thanks for your forgiveness. This post is actually late in being published. I've had it written since Oct/Nov 2013 *covering my face in shame* but don't know why I didn't publish it. We bind every power of darkness this year! Anyway, the information is still useful as part of my great discoveries last year. Hope you find it a good read. I was laughing as I read through it again cos the experience is still very vivid!


When it comes to makeup, I hear voices okay!!! yes, voices, lipsticks sing in alto, brushes chant in treble, powders in soprano and foundation in bass and just like a zombie I am drawn to these voices when they bid me "come", "take us home", "rescue us from these shelves", "pay for our freedom!". I can't help myself, I just have to rescue them!!!! Do I want to be delivered? No, thanks!!! We manage just fine, hehehehehehe

First, a little background info.I live in the backwoods of Lagos, some area called AMOSU town (the air is fresh and clean though) and getting makeup products is usually a big deal. I literally have to cross the ocean via 3rd mainland bridge to get my makeup fix. And sometimes, even the Lagos Island shops don't have all the good stuff, then the stress to be 'waka-ing' under the hot sun doesn't help my fabulousity at all. So this one time, I had to do a MAJOR order from the USA. But you know, if you're not buying things by the dozen or spending a lot of your naira, it defeats the purpose with the cargo ish and all(my opinion sha). So ikeja city mall was a blessing, Blackup, Mac, Sleek, Casabella and some other purveyors of all things beautiful under one roof, o boy!!!! Bliss. But later on, Ikeja became stressful, for chrissakes I live in Amosu!!! then i'm quite lazy.......

So on this fateful day, during makeup class, one of my students(Flora) mentioned this shop...MO'GLAM EXCLUSIVE I asked where it was located and she said EGBEDA and honestly from then, the conversation went something like, 
Flora: "moglam has bla bla, she sells plenty bla bla bla and bla bla bla bla black sheep" 
Me: (totally uninterested) "that's nice"

I'm so ashamed, but it's the truth, cos really, how many shops this side of Lagos will stock ORIGINAL MAC products, all you'll get this side of town are at best, MaryKay and Island beauty and then on to the Miss Rose, Vivovi, Vovina, lovely beauty, true love powder, 'moju', and some other bizarre stuff. Mind you, I don't blame them, one has to cater to the audience (BTW, if these products make you feel like a million bucks then, by all means continue). Anyway, Flora would not let up so i was forced to listen. Then Kate also started(mo'glam isn't too far from her house) and said MOGLAM stocked BLACKUP!!! Ha!!!! I had to see this for myself. 

By the end of the week, my ears were full, I was sufficiently gassed up and I had begun to hear voices again!!! I planned this 'rescue' very carefully. First I had to dash to Ikeja to meet up with a friend, and knowing my traffic prone area, I decided to take the bus. 
By 4 o'clock, I was squeezed between this lady with the biggest hips ever and the door....smh! I didn't mind though, the price I must pay for my addiction. 
By 5:30, I was almost hysterical when I was still in DOPEMU traffic! By the time I was on AKOWONJO rd. I was literaly pulling out my hair...I needed my fix and I heard my 'dealer' closes shop by 6. 
By 5:55, I had had enough of this shitty traffic, I've got legs mehn!!! oh yes! I got off the bus, bid lady hips farewell and trekked past Kate's house(who I happened to have called a zillion times to confirm mo'glam's closing time), you get the visual. By the time I got to the shopping complex, I was a mess!!! Thankfully, MOGLAM was open!!!!! (Halleluyah chorus in my head courtesy the voices).

First, the shop is managed by the sweetest lady I've ever met in a long long time (compare Lagos Island shop owners and their sauciness!!!) She took her time to show me plenty stuff despite it being almost 7 o'clock!!!(closing time is between 6 and 7). 
Second, She's a wholesaler as well as retailer; I planned on buying just 2 BlackUp foundations but I had to take advantage of the wholesale deal and ended up with 3 foundations at an unimaginable price!!!! the voices were singing fuji by this time!!! 
Third, 'my dealer' had me using the POS, no need carrying cash all over Lagos(clean and simple). Also, She's got all the good stuff(the ones she did'nt have she promised to get and call me once she had them, it doesn't get better than this, I tell you!). I also got the ever elusive sleek face form contour kit in dark and pink sprint blush!!! the new blackup full coverage foundation, some body products. 

I'm so pleased and impressed I just had to blog about this. Anyway, if you're within the EGBEDA, IYANA IPAJA, IPAJA, GOWON ESTATE, FEDERAL ESTATE, JAKANDE ESTATE, AYOBO, IKOTUN, DOPEMU, SHASHA area,or if you're just visiting friends around the area, there is a new hangout spot for makeup junkies like us and it is MO'GLAM....Shop 13b, Sholaron Plaza, Egbeda, Akowonjo rd, Lagos. Thank me later!!!
I would love to hear about the great discoveries you made too.
Till next post hunnies!



6 comments:

  1. Will definitely be on the look out for Sholaron Plaza now. Mo'GLAM here I come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certain you wont be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. ehn ehn, so we live in the backwoods abi, i forgive sha..lol.....hmmmm, now that the Tola of brushes n colours is totally into Mo'Glam we all better check it out o....nicely written too, no pause till the end...see your lawyer trait at work .hehehehehw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oya sorry.....*hugs*thanks for your forgiveness! Please check her out.
      Thanks for your comment kemi....you know law education isn't cheap na, so I bless God it isn't wasted!! haaaahahaha

      Delete
  3. LOL! I love this blog post! Hilarioussssssssss haha i'm glad you finally got it after enduring the woman with big hips looooooooooooooooool

    ReplyDelete
  4. HMMMM babe, does 'Himps' do not lie!!!!! but all is well that ends well....thanks babe

    ReplyDelete