Thursday 28 August 2014

TOLU'S BRIDAL MAKEOVER


Hello beauties,
 
This blog story is about Tolulope. Her wedding was a wonderful experience for me but before I get into details, I need to appreciate my brother for bringing this bride my way! Tolu had already sorted out her makeup, and here my brother was, convincing her to pay almost double her budget to book our services! He pulled it off and of course I knew I had to justify his troubles. A big thank you to you bro! God bless you. Also, I would love to take this opportunity to thank everyone who supports my business…the nameless and faceless lot of you who do not even demand acknowledgment and praises. Only God can reward you all. His blessings will continue to abound in your endeavours (Amen).


So back to Tolulope. On our first consultation, she was quick to inform me that she had extremely oily skin and would love to see us achieve a matte finish. So, immediately our payment plan was formalized, we went into skin care consultation and the testimonies were positive! Her second biggest fear was the ‘white cast’ some brides have when there has been a foundation mismatch. She sent me a couple of pictures to emphasize her point. I tried explaining to her that foundation matching is elementary and would not be a problem! Her next fear was ‘powder caking’. I assured her we do not do the "powder overload", so caking won’t be a problem. 
Thereafter, we fixed a date for her facials and on the agreed date, this babe was on schedule. She was wowed by the apparent result; her skin immediately appeared brighter and soft, like a baby’s bottom(a tush baby o, not those ones with craw craw)! Afterwards, she demanded that we do a trial because she wanted to see how her scanty brows would transform. We started the trial but midway into it, she changed her mind and resigned to allowing my experience take care of her. 
Afterwards, we discussed the modalities of her 1-day event because those kind of events can be tricky if not managed properly. But thankfully, Tolu had the good sense to have all her venues within 5 minutes’ drive of each other! (Brides planning a 1-day event, please take note). However, there was a small issue. Tolu wanted her best friend, who was also her Chief bridesmaid to be present at the engagement ceremony. Usually, for 1-day events, we start the Chief bridesmaid’s makeup immediately after the bride’s makeup is done for the traditional look. So I was skeptical to have my CBM away but Tolu pleaded and assured me that the engagement ceremony would last only 2 hours and they’d be back by 9:30 at the latest. All was set!


We also took charge of Tolu’s hair and trust me, I was giving my hair guy heat about getting to the bride’s suite on time on Friday! Though it was unnecessary, 'cos my team understands the importance of timekeeping but my brother kept asking for our schedule with regard to Tolu so much to the point where I began to wonder if he was my brother or Tolu’s….lolz

Anyway, I had my assistant stay over at my place on Friday because Tolu’s July 19th 1-day programme was taking place within my axis. Her traditional wedding was to start by 7:00a.m., and she was supposed to be in church by 11:00a.m. God forbid that a bride is late to church because of Brushes N Colours!  So early Saturday morning, we were up before 4:30 and were out of the house by 5:15 headed for Agege. We picked up Tinuke at Pen Cinema by 5:45 and were at the hotel front desk by 5:58 (whoop whoop!) By the way, Tinuke is an upgrade student and this outing was in fulfillment of her mandatory field work experience.


Tolu was pleased that we got there on time and she was ready for us(very diligent babe). We proceeded to start work and it was then I got the shocker…….you see, this hotel, a new hotel had just 1 ‘tiny sexy light’ installed in the spacious room and we could not see jack! We had to wait till about 6:20 before we started makeup, but thankfully, all went well. Tolu’s mum came in about 6:40 to get her makeup done by my assistant, Bukola, and the outcome was fantastic. Unfortunately, she had to rush off to the venue of the engagement and couldn’t wait to get her picture taken. 
Tolu looked magnificent in her pink and silver ensemble...I absolutely love the outcome and so did she. As per the CBM issue, hmmmm...all would have gone on very smoothly if the alagas had kept to time. But Tolu and her CBM got back from the ceremony around 10:15 and it was beautiful chaos from then on! I thank God for good synergy between myself and Chika. He had to style the hair and I also had to change the bride’s makeup and touch up mummy’s makeup. Bukola was on fire as she had to do the CBM’s makeup from scratch....TOLU!!!(never again will I let any bride have her way over 'delicate' matters like this 'o di kwa very risky'!).



BEFORE....fab makeup begins with fabulous skin. Honestly, only the brides can tell you how skin care consultation and facials help the makeup process!





STUNNING AFTER!








THIS IS PROBABLY MY FAVOURITE PICTURE. Sometimes brides say "I don't know how to smile". Trust me, when you know you look like a million bucks, you'll simply grin all day!




We achieved a perfect matte finish, and of course a perfect skin match! Tolu hardly needed a touch up during the traditional event even though we made adequate provision for that!




Did I mention she looked ah-mazing!




PHOTOGRAPHER WANNABE!


Please bear with me.....plenty collages from here...


FAB FAB FAB!!!!












































Most pictures from the white wedding were taken in a rush and I wasn't getting good enough pictures(sad face). Anyways, here is Chika, doing his thing

I just kept trying to get that nice picture....mind you, Tolu was literally afraid when I whipped out my orange lipstick! I assured her she would look stunning. Minutes later, she was smacking away happily! Even her sisters were like "woooah...orange looks good on you!"

Still trying to get that picture!

Her expressions were priceless! They made everything worth it!




By far my favourite picture.....Her Photographer did an amazing job though! Ive seen the pro pictures and they are amazing. Guys, you need an A-team; Makeup, Hair Photography. I've always known this even before I became a MUA!



















CBM and Bride......There is a shade of orange, red, pink, purple, brown and gold for everyone......rock that lipstick!












I looooooove! You can see where I got the 'orange inspiration' from!


So, Tolulope, Tolulope's mum, Tolulope's sisters, Tolulope's guests had a lot to say!  Testimony time!!!!








please forgive my typos.....you need to see my convo when I'm upset!!!!










     








With this type of compliments, phone calls and recommendations, I feel I've done my bit to maintain world peace.......off to bed!
We wish Tolu and Ini a blissful marriage with plenty beautiful babies, loads of happiness and showers of money. Above all, God's peace, grace and love!


Till next post hunnies
Remember, He makes all things beautiful in his time









2 comments:

  1. Fabulous transformation.brushes n' colours doing what she knows best.
    Very detailed story.lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following dearest 'tito......God bless you good sis!

      Delete