Thursday 2 October 2014

TOBI'S BRIDAL MAKEOVER

Hello beauties,

So, do I just pretend I have been diligent and not bore you with pleas of forgiveness? Hmmm, I am terribly sorry, I am totally hopeless at pretension; with that, I fall on my knees, I grab the hem of your skirts and pants, I am sure you can feel my hot tears on your legs, or are your legs too hairy? I plead for your forgiveness. Hehehehe, thanks a lot fam!



So on to my beau, the belle of the ball, Princess Oluwatobi Adepeju ‘Eleyinjuege’, omo Fajobi, Aya ‘Lakunle Odanye! As you might have guessed, I love this babe die! I have known her for a while now and that story is not for this post. For today, we stick to the script; date, time, location c’est fini! However, let me quickly give you this small gist. 

So,Tobi had already concluded with me on her makeup, hair et al, the deal was signed sealed and delivered since her introduction sometime in May. That was how my Chika, my hair guy dropped the bomb on me ooo…he had to be in Ibadan on Saturday, 16th of August, 2014 for post jamb examination, on Tobi’s wedding day! Chai, what was I to do…I couldn’t burden my bride with such disturbing news. So my people, I swung into action. That’s how I sent word out in search of a hair person ooo, to cut the long story short, I got this guy who had made Tobi’s hair at some point, his name is Kingsley, but that wasn’t impressing me at all cos this kind of thing has happened to me before with one hairstylist like that(thinking about that incident still makes me cringe sef). 


So from my village, I travelled all the way to Eric Moore in Surulere, just to test this dude…I was to be the guinea pig but anything for my bride so that what happened in '87 will not repeat itself again! Anyways, he allayed my fears, and here is the result. Thus, a heavy burden was lifted off my shoulders. I paid Kingsley a deposit there and then and instructed my assistant to bring him along with her on the 15th of August. I did not have the strength to deal with a ‘missing’ hair stylist. End of story!

So, on to the D-day, it came without incident. I started off with Tobi’s mum’s makeup while Bukola started with Tobi’s 2nd mummy’s makeup. Tope was on hand to assist, and she started with the bridesmaids. Kingsley was on point as he began styling the bridesmaids' hair. This marked the beginning of a wonderful ceremony. We got Tobi ready for her traditional ceremony which took place at her father’s residence in Magodo(I’m seriously considering this style ooo) and afterwards we began preparing the bridesmaids for the church ceremony. This was when the ghen ghen started ooo. 9 o'clock, the alagas were still twerking!

Tobi was supposed to be in church by 10!(ladies…..please, for a 1-day ceremony, make church 12noon or at least 11:00a.m.). Tobi got back into our makeup room by 9:30…...barely enough time to transform, but I knew I could pull it off, and just as we were about to begin the transformation, she discovered her jewelry and wristwatch were nowhere to be found! That marked the end of any touch up for my bride. Tobi was in tears and inconsolable she could not be bothered about her makeup. She did not even give Kingsley more than 5 mins to do her hair; thankfully he had the foresight to have rolled the hair the night before. My people, I sent my assistant to try to do the touch up, na lie! she didn't agree ooo. For me, this day was the true test of my makeup. It survived the heat and the tears, it made it to church and the reception, Halleluyah!!!(but the stress my friends put me through though!). 
Anyways, after Tobi had gone to church to marry the love of her life, we got around to doing our own makeup before leaving the house. There was no aso-ebi, a true reflection of my friend’s stress-free personality! Enjoy the pictures below.
 


I present to you Ayaba, Yeye Fajobi, alias Tobi's mummy, popularly known as Iya Toro and for the purpose of this wedding, a.k.a, assistant bride(She wore 3 outfits!). I can't even tell you half the drama she performed on this precious day.....choi!


Tobi's mum is by far the calmest mom I have ever made up, she sat comfortably in my chair and was giggling throughout the process.....we even did small tutorial, cos she knows her primers and products. Tobi doesn't have half her mother's 'sassyness', but we are training her...




Toro....elder sister of the bride, mum of two adorable children. Still a babe! Time does fly, it's been 3 years since I glammed Toro up for her wedding. Bukola handled her makeup and I was pleased with the results. I wish I had taken a 'BEFORE' pic though.....


Introducing my beautiful bride, the only eater of all luxury chocolates, Toblerone of my life! I was spoilt for choice, so i decided to do 2 'BEFORE' pictures.


WOOOOOW! So, Tobi had been singing it into my ears, even before she found herself a man, "Tola, I want to look like a descending Angel".  Job well done, and yes, I do say so myself!


So, I decided to use this 'eye weave-on' as Tobi's Uncle Lekan calls it, on Tobi. I felt since we were going simple all over, I needed a wooow factor! Ardell 111 to the rescue!



I remember this one time, while we were in Uni, even before I went to makeup school, we were supposed to be reading for exams but I begged Tobi to allow me paint her face, she agreed, and before long, she got into character and started crying, I was afraid ooo.....now it is a reality and I'm emotional as i write this



Tobi chose this lipstick herself, I was ready to smack on some tangerine on her lips when she said, "Tola, let's do something nude-ish, and just like a robot, I proceeded to follow her instruction, she said "Ahn ahn, Tola, won't you even give it any thought" I assured her it was a perfect choice, I tweaked it a little bit though....Tobi's 'sassy-ness' will know no bounds! Thanks Babe!



Friends who build me up, who never ask me to be less than what I am, who pray for me and hold me to a high standard, who remind me that there is more to life than material things...heck, this babe still called me today!



Simply breathtaking! I've gone beyond the physical guys, I'm looking at her soul!



Skin care went well...and my babe shone like a gazillion stars! By the way, to all those random and strange people who call me to ask for makeup favours, calling into remembrance friendships that never existed, and demanding discounts, It's friends like this that make you look soooo ridiculous!



I totally love all her pictures



So, because of the missing jewelry, which, by the way, she later found the day after the wedding(the devil is truly a liar!), I could not get pictures of her in her wedding dress....but her photographer was gracious enough to send me some pictures but for some reason I couldn't lay my hands on them again and this post is long overdue....so just take my word for it, she made sense!



So, myself and bukola decided to do our own aso-ebi, however, bukola took it very seriously by doing matching makeup and matching jewelery......I guess I am a good role-model




We decided to have our own photoshoot during the reception, after touching up Tobi's mum's makeup and her friend as well, who, by the way, also wore 3 outfits.........smh!!!












My able Bukola.......rocking her straw curls and dark lippy






Randomness....
some of the bridesmaids, different locations

















I was fully participatory at this wedding ....I think i need to go start photography lessons....I truly enjoyed taking these pictures. Anyway, Tobi is already in her husband's house, and in 2 weeks time, it'll be 2 months, I pray for her daily and I'd like you to join me in prayers as well. Thank you so much guys for your continuing support, may God's goodness continue to shine on you all....



Till next post hunnies,

Remember, in Him we move and have our being!



5 comments:

  1. I caant stop laughing@the missing jjewellery.i can just imagine the mood.
    But seriously Tobi,why didn't you pack your stuffs in one place a day b4 the wedding*straightface*
    In other News the engagement pictures so beautiful.your mum is pretty ooo
    Brushes n' Colours you didn't upload pictures of the bridesmaid.why nah...i trust you will do a great job on them.
    Sorry for the long post

    ReplyDelete
  2. @helle russel, twas a serious situation...funny enough, we actually packed everything the night before, I guess twas wedding jitters.....
    Thank you so so much, twas a rush rush situation and I wasn't able to capture the brides, but we'll plan better next time, and yes they looked fab!
    We looooove long posts! muah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sense of humor and you are a good makeup artist too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwn......much love Mz Daisy and thank you so much!!!

      Delete
  4. Omotola, trust me I cried for missing my twinnie's wedding. But then thanks to you for the detailed write-up and pictures, I could relive( not even kidding) the moments... I'm telling you. Especially the missing jewellery part when Tobi refused to be touched. Haha it is well. Ku ishe Tola. You rock!! I only wonder if I won't be too dramatic when its my turn... So help me God!

    ReplyDelete