Thursday 2 October 2014

GUERLAIN: AWARENESS, PERFUME LAUNCH EVENT AND MAKEUP


Hello beauties,
So, as you have noticed, yours truly has been tremendously busy and I’ll tell you why. On Sunday, 30th of September, 2014, I was at the Victoria Crown Plaza Hotel for the Guerlain Paris Launch. By the way, Guerlain is pronounced ‘Gyer-lan’. Guerlain is a luxury French beauty brand and this event marked the beginning of a possibly and hopefully, fantastic and fruitful relationship between them and us thirsty makeup lovers in Nigeria.



Prior to the event, I was sent some makeup and called up by the reps of this company. I attended the meeting with Bukola. We had to understand the makeup line because yours truly was to do makeup for some of the models. You see, the launch was for 2 of their new perfumes; ‘L’homme Ideal’ et ‘La  Petite Robe Noire’(‘The Ideal Man’ and ‘The little black dress’ in English) and they planned on having a fashion show featuring the style houses of  Ayaba, Derin and Marvee to carry on the theme. 



The event was beautiful, a reflection of Guerlain. The perfumes were truly fantastic and sensual. The ambience was electric and the fashion show was pumping. The canapés and champagne seemed to make everyone happy as the guests were alert and participating, they were all rewarded with Guerlain goody bags containing makeup and perfumes, including La Petite Robe Noire(Mind you, I have created a special place for it on my dresser).


Now to the makeup, to be totally honest, I was very skeptical when I was called to test the makeup because as you see, I am loyal to my existing brands. But skepticism soon gave way to curiosity when Solenne and Vivienne unveiled the Guerlain GTS. I played like a child running wild at the fair, you see, makeup gives me the rush of candy and I had my fix right here! On trying out the products, I was blown away and couldn’t wait till Sunday to banish the remaining tinge of uncertainty I still felt. I’ll do a post showing the results but let’s move on to the pictures showcasing what little I could capture of the event and the few models I could capture as well, I was too busy having fun and working.


My invite and goody bag which I received  prior to the event



The Guerlain GTS



I was testing out a 24-carat gold flaked primer here.....this things are luxury meeehn!


My darlings, it was serious business here ooo, by the way, this 2-minute makeup was done somewhere across the Atlantic ocean


preparing for show time




The very first model to sit in my chair.....Eyes, Lips, Face all Guerlain. Makeup by Brushes N Colours for Guerlain



These were the only 2 models I had the time to capture....but trust me, they all looked fabulous



Makeup by Brushes N Colours for Guerlain....that subtle glow is giving me all shades of life....FYI, the pictures are totally unedited


Y'all know I can't leave without a collage of them


My outfit and look for the event using Guerlain products...I seem to be all about short-time makeup these days. This 15-minute makeup was done by Bukola, she is a life saver!



Few minutes to show time.....there will always be time for a selfie!


Makeup by Brushes N Colours for Guerlain. Model was styled by Marvee







Makeup by Brushes N Colours for Guerlain



The unveiling of L'homme Ideal by Guerlain....Models styled by Houses of Ayaba, Derin and Marvee



La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain







Vivienne and Derin(House of Derin), after the event


A bit of socializing after the event


Solenne, Daniel and Vivienne at the Black Carpet
Nancy(CEO, Chaurme, Vivienne, Lisa)

We just had to get that Ideal Picture.....I mean!







Tola and Uche
Tola and Bukola after the event


Solenne, Tola and Vivienne after a job well done(Erm, FYI,,,that goblet is not mine)

So guys, this is what I have been up to for a while now, the event was such a success and I can't wait to try out all my goodies, I'll definitely let you know my thoughts and I'll have pictures too....so watch this space!



Till next post hunnies,

Remember, in Him we move and have our being

2 comments:

  1. This is the second article I am reading from you and to be honest I loved it as well. It looks really good event and you seems to have good time out there. Thank you for sharing your moments with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God. Look at the beautiful ladies with pretty dresses and striking smiles. You had a fun time and made us enjoy too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete