Tuesday 18 August 2015

STROBING PICTORIAL.....THE NEW H & C?

Hey Beauties,
Hope we are all good today? I have been busy, super busy with many plans but I finally got around to making this pictorial for you guys. Yay!


So now we are strobing. While you may wonder what the hell happened to H & C (highlight & contouring), it would be better for you to learn first then ask later. There is no time oooo...tomorrow we will definitely be on to something else...lol

In a nutshell though, strobing, in my own opinion is not a new technique. It has been around since time immemorial. Someone(I don't know who), just seemed to help revive the technique. It is simply playing with light to bring back dimension to the face, without contouring. 
Please note that you can strobe with creams also. But it would be best to get the hang of it with powders first before delving into the arena of creams lest you come out looking like you have been eating oily puff-puffs all day. 
Then I think for gals with oily skin, powder products would be safer. So let's get strobing!

N.B. All products used before and during strobing are listed below.



Just as with H & C, you only begin to strobe after your foundation and powder are in place. So, you take your highlight powder and apply strategically to the under eye area and sweep up to the temple for good measure.



Next, you take a small brush, and you apply the same product down the bridge of your nose.




Using the same brush, apply the product to your cupid's bow(that's the top "v" of your lips).



Next apply the same product to your chin.


Now this is where we cheat a little bit. Whenever I decide to strobe, I always, as a rule of thumb, ensure I wear dark coloured blushes. This somewhat gives the illusion of a contour. So guys, a blush is paramount in your strobing journey! Here, i combined these two blushes just because I can.



Finally, You want to define that 'contour' you have created with your blush. For this, just take your favourite foundation and simply trace a perfect line just beneath your blush to neaten the area and define the cheekbones. And you have perfected the art of strobing my darling!



Pictures taken with natural light



Pictures taken with a reflector



Pictures taken with an external flash

To be honest, I didn't care so much for this technique, but it has been a life saver for those days when I do not have the time for H & C and I still want to look fabulous. As someone said, this method is contouring for lazy girls. It takes all of 5 minutes to do!
So try this method and tell me what you think. Will you be abandoning your H & C anytime soon?


PREP
Neutrogena Toner
BlackUp fluid matifant


EYES
blackUp CGS 01
Loreal Gel liner in espresso
blackUp Full coverage foundation in HC 06 & 08 for brow highlight
blackUp Matifying Fluid foundation in NFL 13 to define brows
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Glazzi gold eyeshadow (as a base for my glitter)
EyeKandy Liquid Sugar (Glitter Glue)
BH Cosmetics glitter in Silver and Baby Pink
Inglot gel liner in AMC 77
Red Cherry Lashes in 205(top lashes)
Red Cherry Lashes in 104(bottom lashes)
blackUp Green Water proof Khol Pencil in KS 04
Guerlain intense mascara


LIPS
Beyond Beauty Matte Lipgloss in 42


FACE
blackUp Concealer palette in COR03 (for colour correction and spots)
blackUp Matifying Foundation in NFL 13
Mac Powder in NW45


STROBING PRODUCTS
blackUp sublime powder in NPS 03
blackUp blush in NBL 03 & 07
blackUp Matifying Foundation in NFL 13

17 comments:

  1. Hmmm..bestest boss in d whole world, u always amazing+ Thank God for this strobing o.. cheat code for h nd c *winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely Ife, how have you been? thanks for your comment.And yes, it is a great cheat....but I won't abandon H & C.

      Delete
  2. Strobing!!!!!!.... Off to! this technique am loving.... Brushesncolours thanks and this pictures look so amazing. You are the bomb... I always look forward to the next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaas! Please try and let me know what your thots are on the matter.
      Thank you so much for your kind words........we aim to please, always

      Delete
  3. Really nice,can do dis wen I'm rushing still luv H&C all day everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know this! Sometimes the rush is real......strobbing to the rescue! And I share your sentiments on H &C!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you brushesncolours,this is an expo over H&C ooo,lool.its so explanatory nd helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really glad you found this helpful! thanks so much for stopping by

      Delete
  6. wow..Tola, this is a must try!!! i absolutely love the simplicity..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You re most welcome sis. It is sooooo simple and yet very effective....thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  7. Thanks BrushesNColours, I always find something to learn on your blog!!!! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww Anon, Your comment has really made my day. Thank you so much for your comments and for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I have been following your blog for quite a while now, and I must say you are very good.... I just finished makeup training and I was worried what this strobing was......all the tutorials on instagram even made me afraid that i had wasted my money. but you have just simplified it for me. God bless you please do not stop blogging.
    i have a request also, please can you do a tutorial on your glitter eyes....pretty please....
    Ifeoma from Abakaliki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh@ Ifeoma from Abakaliki. God bless you and thank you sooo much foe your comments. I am so glad to be of so much help to you!
    Regarding your request, I'll definitely work on it.....I gatchu!

    ReplyDelete