Tuesday 27 October 2015

HOW TO: DETAILED GLITTER APPLICATION with product listings


Hey People,

How is your day going? The year 2015 is gradually coming to its end and I am sure we have a lot to be thankful for. Even those challenges that seem to be taking a lot from us are still going to make us thankful all in the end. And so I urge you to hang in there, have faith and it will all work out. Amen?

Today is all about this look I have up there. To be honest, I was filming the look for my youtube channel and I absolutely had no intentions to do a post on it, but the rate at which the weather changed on me was so unbelievable; one minute it was sunny, and the next minute, it became very cloudy(just when I was tying the gele). 
It became so dark I could not even see myself in the flip-out screen. I was about to fling something when Bukola, the ever present voice of reason, my amiable assistant turned sister, made a suggestion that I continue with the look and do a blog post instead. So, here we are… Thank God for surrounding us with reasonable people.

I will try to be a little detailed with this post since it is all about glitter application and I know some of you might be struggling a little with this. I have already gotten some requests to do this post and I hope this will help you guys. Trust me, it is almost the simplest thing ever. With a little practice, you will be looking like a well-lit Christmas tree just in time for the Yuletide season.
So lets go. Eyes Lips Face!
PREP
blackUp Bi-Phase Cleansing Water (I use this as a toner)
blackUp fluid matifant (I use this to control oil when I want a semi-matte finish)
EYES
blackUp CGS 01 (for penciling my brows)
L’oreal Gel liner in espresso (to intensify my brows)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC45 (to highlight my brows)
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW45 (to define my brows)
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original (to prime my lids)
Coastal Scents Black Eyeshadow from the 88Palette (as a base for my glitter. It doesn’t have to be black. You can decide to colour coordinate)
Coastal Scents Brown Eyeshadow from the 88Palette (as a crease colour and to blend my black shadow)
EyeKandy Liquid Sugar (My Glitter Glue of choice. Before now I used to apply lash glue to my lids. Just take my word for it, glitter glue is worlds and worlds better. Be careful not to get this into your eyes though. It stings like Crazy!!!)
BH Cosmetics glitter in Mermaid Blue (I use two brushes; one for the glitter glue and the other for the glitter and I pat on my lid simultaneously)
Inglot gel liner in AMC 77 (to line my lash line)
Mabrook Soft Khol Pencil
YSL Mascara (to clean up my lashes)
Ardell Runway Claudia Lashes
Ardell lash glue
Mabrook Soft Khol Pencil (for my eye rim)
Guerlain intense mascara (fantastic for my bottom lashes)
FACE
blackUp Concealer palette in COR03 (for colour correction and spots. Review and video on this palette coming soon)
blackUp matifying Foundation in NFL 12 (I seem to be getting lighter. I used to be an NFL 13)
Maybelline Fit me Concealer in 30 CafĂ© (for my facial highlight)
blackUp contouring stick in CONT 03 (for my contour)
Ben Nye Media Pro HD Powder mixed with banana powder (to set the highlight)
blackUp Sublime Powder in 03 (to intensify my highlights)
Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Powder in Ebony 08 (as a blush read about more about this fantastic powder here)
MAC Powder in NW45
LIPS
blackUp JUM 10 & 11 Pencils (to outline and contour my lips)
blackUp Lipstick in M29

BEFORE & AFTER




Let's talk about that glow for a minute, shall we...Guys, the blackUp sublime powder is everything!!!












And to think I only got dressed to make this tutorial(the things I do for you guys). By the way, this might end up being my Xmas frock. So in case you see me rocking it on Xmas day, please bear with me. It is mine afterall.





I absolutely love the gele. Contact Nu Trends Fabrics on 08033673663 to get fabulous gele like mine or other aso-ebi concerns



Photo credit goes to Bukola




                            
                                            Spot something new?




Can we rock glitter everyday though? I really don't mind

So, that’s it guys, I hope you found this very edutaining. Let me know if you are able to try this look and please do not forget to drop your comments or invite your friends to join us here. 

Till next post hunnies...



“My peace I give unto you, not as the world gives…"

10 comments:

  1. Excuse me pls, what exactly is d diff between using glitter glue and lash glue. I want to know before i buy glitter glue u recommended becos d lash glue is waaaaay cheaper for me. Then where did u buy from?
    I love ur blog pls be more consistent. I av learnt a lot from u and my jobs has improved very well.
    Your wedding ring is also very fine. Happy married life, can we see ur wedding pictures.
    Sorry for the long post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God!!Bn waiting for ur new post, thank you! well done brushes n colours.I see the rock.hehehe. God bless your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww, thank u soooo much Omotola for keeping up with us here. I appreciate your kind words and wishes. God bless you and yours as well

      Delete
  3. Hello Anon,
    I find that glitter application with the lash glue tends to add bulk to the eyelids, and over time, when the glue dries completely, the glitter tends to chip and flake. Application with glitter glue is seamless and almost touch proof. Definitely worth the extra money. I bought mine online from yanga beauty if I remember correctly.
    I will try to be more consistent and iam happy you are learning a lot here
    Thank you so much for your kind wishes. God bless you. I am not certain I want to post my wedding pictures. But I will definitely post my own look for the day.
    Do let me know how the glue works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tutorial How do I get the sublime powder. I started using blackUp foundation for my jobs because of ur tutorials and iI can see d diff. Altho es cost oooo, will they ever do sales?
    So pls for the sublime.... Must I buy all the shades? I am based in Abuja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anonymous,
    thank you for your comments. I am so glad that you are loving the products. You know what our people say now, beta soup, na moni kill am. I will keep you posted on any sale or giveaway activity coming soon.
    For the sublime powder, there are 5 shades in total. Since you are a makeup artist, you will definitely have a diverse clientelle. So different shades for different folks.
    A fantastic tip is that each shade can double as a bronzer for a lighter person.
    For example, Sublime 03 will work as a highlighter for me, and can double as a bronzer for someone lighter than myself.
    Please visit Montaigne Place at the Silver bird entertainment centre in Abuja or Grand Towers Mall in APO for your blackUp fixes. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your responses are everything..... I love tips and tricks like these on here. Please don't ever stop blogging.... How about YouTube?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello TYobaKay, hope your trials went well on Monday...... I am pleased you are having fun here..... I will be as consistent as I possibly can. YouTube will resume next yr, by God's grace.

    ReplyDelete