Wednesday 19 March 2014

GET THE LOOK: SILVERY NIGHT SMOKEY EYES and OMBRE LADY DANGER LIPS

Hello beauties, 

How have you all been? You have all been thouroughly missed I assure you!. I was missing in action for about 2 weeks courtesy a crashed blackberry and a misplaced phone. But now, we back!!!!(thank God I backed up my contacts) and thanks to that special somebody....(Mr. Bunz). I want to seize this opportunity to thank you all for your missed calls, facebook messages, blog comments and support generally. I won't forget you when I get to my colourful kingdom tehehehehe. Also, i have a video on this look on youtube!!! just click here once you're done reading. Don't forget to subscribe people.....muah!!!


So this look was inspired by valentine's day. I got a wonderful gift by the way, courtesy Mr. Bunz but we didn't go out. However, I imagined myself at dinner with Mr. Bunz and I daresay I looked enchanting in my daydream. 

 Moving on.......a little tutorial.  A smokey eye is basically a technique used in eyeshadow application to give depth to the eye area using dark colours. A smokey eye could be a solid colour(one dark colour throughout the eye area), or a gradient(moving from light to dark colours e.g from pink to dark purple). Just know that makeup is supposed to be fun and you can play with colours that you're comfortable with..... but please if you over do it and you end up looking like ojuju, it wasn't me that sent you oooo!!
Next....the word ombre in this context means shadow; fading from dark to light or vice versa......it is not as complicated as it sounds guys!!! I remember Island Beauty hot chocolate lipstick and honey lipstick back in school days......that's ombre! Again, i beg you, don't whip out your black eye pencil to line your lips and say it is ombre ooooo....I don't have power biko
 So enough words, let's do this. 
FACE, EYES, BROWS & LIPS




FACE
I didn't bother with a primer as I intended washing off my 'expensive' face after taking pictures.(Playing with makeup for you guys isn't cheap but i'll do anything for y'all!!!)

 
















MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW50(for spots on my neck)

BlackUp Liquid Foundation in FL06 & FL08




























Ben Nye Powder in Sienne (I used this to set everything)

Maybelline fit me concealer in 30 cafe cafe (for higlighting).

Ben Nye Powder in Dolce (I used this to set my highlight).

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Dark Deep and Dark

MAC Studio Fix Compact Powder in NW45

Sleek contour kit in medium.

Sleek Blush by 3 in Flame.






BROWS/EYES


















MAC pencil in Spiked

Mac concealers in NW50 & NW45

Bobbi Brown Higlight palette(the light colours were used to set my brow highlight)

Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion

Elf Kohl Eyeliner Pencil  

Sleek "In the Nude" Eye dust.

Bronx-Black eyeshadow from the Sleek Supreme palette

NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk

Jordana Blue retractable pencil

Andrea #23 natural lashes.

L'oreal gel liner



LIPS













Zaron Lip pencil in Red Vines

MAC Lipstick in Lady Danger

Davies Pencil in 018

That's it guys... pretty simple? do tell me what you think......and i'd love to hear how your valentine's day went...
More pictures after the cut!



I really love this picture guys






without flash




with flash

Till my next post hunnies,
xoxo!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are looking beautiful in that make up. Thanks for sharing the detail of makeup brands and styling. I must say your hair are looking more wonderful than the overall look.

    ReplyDelete