Sunday 1 June 2014

MY FAVOURITE LASHES

Hey beauties,

How are we doing today? Peachy I hope. So, my darlings, today is all about this small matter called strip lashes.
A lot of people tend to confuse these babies with the sacrilege that many ladies walk about with on their eyes; those clumpy things that make your eyes look like you have apollo. I taya. I just can't deal!!!.







Anyway, strip lashes are for me, one of the simplest accessories that can take you from bleh to daayum in a matter of seconds!!!. Personally, I do not believe any bridal look is complete without falsies though a lotta people might disagree, but this is my page and i am the alpha and omega on here hehehehe. Also, I believe there is that perfect pair for you...you can go from subtle to sexy vixen depending on the pair you opt for...


The great thing about strip lashes is that they can be reused for up to 10 times with proper care! Please note that not every pair of strip lashes is of great quality so even if you can't afford mink lashes, do yourself a favour by using the human hair lashes and not the bulky synthetic hair types...for the following reasons;
1. Synthetic hairs don't look natural and will not blend with your natural hair
2. Synthetic hairs are stiffer and don't have that wispy movement you desire for the natural look
3. Synthetic strip lashes have unnecessarily thick wefts/bands that make it difficult to attach and conceal against your natural lash line.....thank me later!!!

Below I will be sharing a couple of my favourite lashes and my thoughts on them
(P.S All lashes shown are available for sale)

                                                                                                                                   


The Ardell 116 is a favourite of mine for days when I want the natural look. It is highly recommended for first time users and brides who are skeptical about lashes generally. I also love using this pair for mothers-of-the-bride.

Tip: for added drama apply a coat or two of your mascara after you have secured the lashes. Be careful not to pull too hard!

 

The Red Cherry brand is a popular one amongst many makeup artists in Nigeria. #99 is my go-to lashes for when i need distinctly separated lashes...It also helps create the wide-eyed look. I have used this on a couple of brides...but I tend to use it more for photoshoots.

Tip: for a wild look, try pairing this with the 116  or the claudia lashes









The Ardel 111 lashes are bold and daring. They are for girls that don't play games....hehehe. If you are new to lashes, pls stay away. This is hot!!!
I find that I use this mainly for reception looks or trad looks on brides that are bold and daring.

Tip:You can double the lashes for added lushness






 Let me introduce you to Andrea 23. These are extremely loooong lashes which flare out at the ends. This will be perfect for shoots and possibly for that daring bride. I'm yet to use them on any brides myself though. I used them in my Lady danger post. Click here to see the post.

Tip: You can apply a little bit of mascara for added drama if you so desire. Just be careful...



The Ardell Claudia lashes are a simplistic yet beautiful lashes that add a demure appeal. This is my go-to lashes for brides. They have a subtle flair at the edges that are sexy and wearable even for a first-time user. They are a subtle option to the Ardell 111.

Tip:You can double them or pair them with the Ardell 116 for more drama.





The Ardell 117 lashes are a full pair of lashes with a less intimidating length than the Ardell 111. They are perfect for nights out, weddings, and even daily wear if you will. I tend to run out of these first!








The Red Cherry #12 are a beautiful, lush pair of lashes with distinct hairs. They also give desired length and are overall a wonderful pair of lashes to have and wear.  They are similar to the Ardell117 but have a little more length than the 117 however without the mascara effect of the 117.




 
To have your lashes installed, you need to;
1. Check for size.
2. Apply your glue to the band and wait a few seconds for it to get tacky.
3. Place the lashes as close to your lash line as you possibly can.
4. Conceal the weft with a liner then, apply mascara if desired...all under 3 minutes!


Click here if you'd like to see Kate's bridal makeover...


Till next post hunnies!!!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. please where andrea 23 lashes be bought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls contact us on 08136938176 or 09095257750. Thanks anon

      Delete
  2. I am going to share this with all the females I know, they know more about this stuff and I guess they can use it rather than me.Thank you for sharing it though

    ReplyDelete