Tuesday 2 December 2014

FADEKEMI'S BRIDAL MAKEOVER

Hello beauties, 

Happy new month to you! Christmas is almost here and I pray God continues to bless you as you also strive to please Him in all you do! God has been truly awesome to me and I can't even begin to tell you how so. 
Many times I have stomped, huffed and puffed in despair but Heavenly Father never fails to teach me to rely on Him. 

Today's post is about this beautiful soul; Fadekemi. It all began on the 4th of September 2014. I was in the kitchen doing dishes on a beautiful afternoon when Dudu(you remember her from my 'mo gbo, mo branch' story?) called to tell me that a certain Fadekemi person would add me via BBM and that I should be nice(can you imagine...as if I am a terrible person!!!)

Anyways, shortly afterwards, Fadekemi added me and we hit it right off. She informed me that she had been to another makeup artist for trial makeup and proceeded to send me pictures of their session together. The pictures weren't the most flattering and she went further to tell me that her mum and sister said she looked terrible! Haba! To be honest, I was wary, 'cos judging another makeup artist's work without seeing the client's 'natural beauty' can be a bit harsh. However, when I saw her 'before' picture, I couldn't help but agree. Fadekemi is a soft-spoken, petite, and pretty lady, whereas the makeup made her look macho! I sincerely believe makeup should enhance and if you intend transforming, please make sure it is positive!(my 2 cents)
Fadekemi was a model client and she promptly confirmed her booking for October 24th and 25th. I was sooo excited about this job for the following reasons; first, her wedding ceremony was taking place at Covenant University, Otta, Ogun State! I have never been to C.U. and so I was looking forward to the excursion. Second, Fadekemi was my very first natural hair bride...yaaaaaaaaay!!!! I love a good challenge and so I gently encouraged her to stick with her natural hair decision when she became hesitant a few days to the wedding!
Fadekemi and I became quite close, we were fast friends and chat buddies...we were chatting even at odd hours of the day. Some topics of concern were her hypersensitive skin, and her choice of traditional attire for her engagement ceremony...this babe had 4 options to choose from!!! it was from that moment I knew that I had a fashionista on my hands, gentle or not! 
Anyways, on the 22nd of October, when she came for her facials with her friend, Tunmise, I totally fell in love with this babe...kai, Fadekemi can win price for world peace. She can be gentle for Africa.....gosh! So, we concluded her facials therapy, she had her mani and pedi done...she also had a consultation with Chika, our amazing hair stylist, the very same day, and all was set for a fabulous makeover!

On the 24th of October, we set out for Amje, Alagbado. Hmmmm....my people, I had never been to that neigbourhood before....we were literally skirting the borders of Lagos and Ogun states every single time we made a move from point A to point B(and there was plenty movement...kai!). Makeup session at the bride's residence was quite an event! plenty people in the house...plenty opinions....plenty suggestions....I even met a lovely woman who studied Egyptian culture and makeup and didn't hesitate to tell me she felt my powder application wasn't fantastic, but she liked my eyeliner, eyeshadow and gele(so I guess we aren't that bad!!!)....anyways by the time makeup was done, my head was whirling and I could barely take pictures!!! All I wanted was to get to C.U. and sleep till the next day, but as the forces would have it, the journey to C.U. was quite challenging. For a supposed 30-minute journey, we were on the road for over 3 hours! the horrific traffic ehn! e tie wrapper con siddon do million braids! In fact, I want to seize this opportunity to extend my heart felt sympathy to those who ply that route, you are all super heroes and are hereby promoted to my hall of fame. May God never forget you, He will also touch the hearts of those who should be responsible for bettering(is that a word?) your lives, Amen! 
By the time we got to C.U., I was creaking like a dried out vine in Harmattan. I was totally spent as we accepted Fadekemi's generosity and I daresay it was well deserved. When Chika told me hair making would take another 3 hours, my sufferings paled in comparison to what was in store for Fadekemi! I wanted to sit up with her all night holding her hand while her hair was being made but nature had other plans for me....after the perfunctory cleaning.....my assistant was amazing by the way(although I'll feel better when she adds the role of driver to her amazing qualities *running off before Bukola finds a shoe to hurl my way*), I 'fainted' and didn't 'resurrect' till 5:00 a.m. the next day!
The very next day, I was as good as new...God really loves me....I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking, I have tried!


First of all, the Lady of the Manor! Her Royal Prettiness! Mummy!!! all the while, I didn't realise Fadekemi was half Hausa, thanks to mummy! She looked stunning when we were done and blew me plenty kisses but before then, we had to literally hold her down to do the little we could in this pic! Makeup by Bukola



Fadekemi Before




Fadekemi After!!!




Honestly, I wish I had time to arrange this babe well for pictures....but we had to go! by the way, I looooove the fabric of the gele




Her friends kept commenting about how white her eyes had suddenly become....her sis said she didn't know she had been living with a diva all the while........choi!




MAGNIFICENT!!!!




She literally woke up like this!!!




Chika on the beat! I had to pause makeup for a few minutes to allow Chika work his magic....team work!!!! I loved it, and so did bridey!





Fadekemi glowed and glowed....Her hairstyle is inspiring....stay true to yourself boo




We had so much time on our hands....She sorted out her reception playlist and even had time for a snack....



A smattering of Guerlain Rouge Automatique and my bride was ready to say I do!

I totally love the look.........like, totally!!!!!

I had time to arrange this babe and she obliged me.....I enjoyed working with her!



simply divine!!!!!


while I was busy playing with Fadekemi, Bukola was glamming up Bunmi....bride's sister and CBM!!!!


















Brows on Fleek.....shadows, popping....skin, flawless....Makeup slayed!!!



I totally love the look! You can tell we had plenty time






Don't know what I was thinking when I did this though....oh well....Lovely pedi courtesy brushes n colours
















Fadekemi in her reception dress....we had to get back to Lagos....and besides she needed to be dancing with the stars!!!



May God continue to bless you dearest Fadekemi.....have a wonderful evermore!


Till next post hunnies,
Remember, God has it all planned


















































14 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Pls dear what concealer did you use to highlight the under eye and,what shade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Misty, thanks a lot...for this look, i used the maybelline Fit me concealer in medium.
      Hope it helps

      Delete
  2. beautiful!natural hair thinz.i love that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tito, shall we begin the journey together....Brazillian and Mongolian is too cost sef *clucking tongue*

      Delete
  3. absolutely fabulous....i love the eye make-up you should start a youtube sometime:)
    really stunning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much @ the beautiful angel.....
      I do have a youtube channel but ill have to update more

      Delete
  4. awesome face beat as usual.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mobakare....thanks love......we should do something together soon....

      Delete
  5. Beautiful... love d natural look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sooo much Abigail Bissy-Aluko.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. thank you soo much Ololade Fowosere.....God bless you

      Delete
  7. I haven't until now sermon the courage to go through this post becos looking at my wedding pics for too long makes me cringe. However, Tola was very patient with my family, my friends and I. My mum and aunts gave her a tough time but she managed to work well irrespective of the pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww.......my bridey and friend! Thanks for stopping by, and it was really really nice working with you inspite of everything!
      So glad you're back. You need to invite me over so we can stare at those pictures together and laugh hard!!!!!

      Delete