Monday 1 December 2014

OMOTOYOSI'S BRIDAL MAKEOVER


Hello beauties!

 
It's wedding season.....yaaaaay, and October started with Omotoyosi otherwise known as Dammy! We were at Festac/Amuwo Odofin axis on the 10th and 11th of October 2014 to glam up this African black barbie. How did this alliance come to be? Story time!

So, Omotoyosi is friends with an upgrade student of mine, Tinuke. Tinuke knew that 'toyosi had already contacted another MUA but felt it was her sworn duty to steer 'toyosi to the path of righteousness....halleluyah somebody! 

Contact details were exchanged, thus myself and 'toyosi began chatting in July and the summary of her brief was this:
"Tola, I am not photogenic at all....I want to look absolutely beautiful, I need that wow factor!"
I looked at her dp and I was wondering what she meant by not being photogenic, this girl must be joking....She's so pretty....in my mind though, I'm like, Jesus take the wheel!
"Is that all"? I asked her.
"That's all..." she responded.
 Payment was discussed and we were on our way to making miracles happen. 'Toyosi didn't make her facials appointment because her mum literally locked her indoors....she didn't want her daughter strolling all over Lagos, few days to her wedding day. I had confidence that the skin regimen we had developed for her a few months earlier would have done its bit, so no worries.

On d-day, myself and Bukola, my assistant, were on the road by 7:00a.m. just cause I knew the traffic on that axis wasn't for kids....the event was to start by 12noon but I didn't want to take chances. We got there early enough and Toyosi was just giddy with excitement. She literally couldnt stop laughing through it all....even when her photographer was hours late, she didn't panic much cause her mum had already organised plan B! talk about efficiency... 
Anyways guys.....since we arrived early enough, we started with skin care and i must admit, the results were instant! her skin was sooooo smooth, I still can't believe it(by the way, she has told me what she uses as her body cream, so watch out for me in a few months....I must be fine too!!!!).
My base for the makeup started with Guerlain L'or(pure gold concentrate), and she shone like a gazillion stars. Her foundation application gave me life! I totally enjoyed every minute of it! Eyeshadow was like a dream and lashes were like the cherry topping! All was going well till I whipped out my red lippy, everyone was afraid...silence....deafening silence....chirping cricket kinda silence....(I won't lie to you guys, it took guts for me to follow through with it!). All the while, 'toyosi was just giggling and enjoying herself, she was so trusting, it made me want to cry! (someone thinks I'm mummy!!!!).

It was after the job was done that Femi, my trainee at the moment said she was scared when she saw me holding red lipstick to this black beauty's lips. Anyways, all thanks to
God for making it all come together! As for Toyosi, I lost count of the 'thank yous' she was very photogenic and she took a million and one selfies.....I guess that means we delivered!
I do not have pictures of her white wedding....regrettably. But let's just say I made a lot of friends.....Thank you so much Tinuke, Folakemi Dahunsi, Chioma and Toyosi's many twin cousins
 God bless this union and look forward to seeing your beautiful offsprings! 



TOYOSI (BEFORE)



TOYOSI (AFTER)





By the way, this gele wanted to disgrace me, but the Lord took absolute control




Honestly, even I can't believe the glow....she looks Hottttt!!!!




Guerlain L'or, Guerlain Terracotta 4 seasons Powder, Mac Powder, Black Up foundation, Mac Ruby woo, BMpro Redd, Zaron lip pencil, Davis pencil, Andrea lashes, Urban Decay eyeshadow, Glazzi eyeshadow, L'oreal gel liner, and the list goes on.......phew!!!


Black is definitely the most beautiful thing out there!





If you are thinking of bleaching just remember these two words, 'Toyosi Rocks'

I wish you a happy married life babe


Till next post hunnies
Have a fab week ahead!

4 comments:

  1. hahaha typical Nigerian mother.lolz @her mum literally locked her indoors....she didn't want her daughter strolling all over Lagos, few days to her wedding.
    beautiful bride!lovely make up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey love, how have you been. Mothers are now taking over from us oooo....lol!
      thanks a lot...God bless you

      Delete
  2. damilola Oyebamiji4 December 2014 at 09:00

    Can't stop blushing..... ...also can't stop saying THANK YOU cos you did a Fabulous job......... Tola, May God continually bless the works of your hands cos ur still going International��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen sis..... Your prophecies have come true!!!! God bless u indeed!

    ReplyDelete