Friday 9 January 2015

GET THE LOOK: HAPPY NEW YEAR! ....TUTORIAL, PLANS, MAKEUP!


Okay, So HAPPY NEW YEAR dear social media family of mine!!!! I wish you all a prosperous 2015 and I pray this year shall be the best yet! All our wishes, dreams and God’s plans for us shall manifest this year. Whatever disappointments we faced in 2014 will surely give way to celebrations this year, in Jesus’ name!

I also want to thank you all for your tremendous support last year guys! You all deserve the good that will definitely come to you! Without you guys, I wouldn't have the strength to fulfill God’s calling upon my life! God bless you IMMEDIATELY!(got that from Precious, Miss P).

So, how was Christmas, the holidays, parties, gifts etc, I would love to hear the fantastic things that happened to you…
For me, Christmas was quite routine, as usual, filled with food, food and food…..lol. I did try not to let myself go though ‘cos soon I’ll need to look perf for that fabulous dress I intend wearing………yaaaaaaas!!!! wedding wedding wedding(It’s happening this year by God’s grace!) and I can’t wait to see what my next Christmas will be like with the man of my dreams!!! So yea, I relished this Christmas and not forgetting the reason for the season, I gave thanks to God for my family and friends. One particular moment for me was when my mum insisted we ate together to commemorate my final Christmas as an 'Otitoola babe'….it still brings tears to my eyes……….love you mum!

So what are your plans for the new year? Any resolutions, decisions, expectations, please share with me. For me, and as I was discussing with the fiancĂ© on the 1st of January, we both agreed that 2015 will be a continuation of all our resolutions from the last year…….nothing new, just striving to keep being better people. That’s it!

As per makeup, I just wanna encourage every young Makeup Artist out there. I know it can be a bit challenging being a young makeup artist(I still experience a lot of them ), sometimes it’s hard, sometimes it’s slow, sometimes you feel you’re not getting enough gigs, enough acknowledgment for your hard work, sometimes your family and friends don’t even understand you or your passion, and sometimes you even doubt if you are in the right field!!! Lord have mercy, here’s a tissue! 
Here are some nuggets of wisdom that drive me everyday. Some of them might seem vague in relation to makeup, but take your time and meditate on them, I assure you, you’ll travel the journey lighter and 2015 will be better for us all!

To thyself be true.
Practice makes Perfect.
Learn before you Earn.
Good things come to those who wait.

Every good and perfect gift comes from the Father of light in whom there is no variableness or shadow of turning.

The best time to plant a tree is now.
Procrastination is the killer of time.
Keep the passion up.
Opportunity meeting Preparedness is a recipe for Greatness.
Strive for Excellence.
Work hard, Pray hard , Play hard, Love hard.
God, Family, Work.
Let no man despise thy youth.
Be kind.

Hope this helps....
And with that, I leave you with details of this festive look!

 

EYES
Davies brown pencil in 018
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC45, NC50, NW45(for the brows)
MaryKay Eyeshadow in Bamboo(for the brows) 
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Coastal Scents brown eyeshadow
Urban Decay gold eyeshadow
BH Cosmetics Glitter in Gold and Magenta
Baolishi black gel liner
Guerlain Khol me Kajal
Guerlain Noire Mascara
Duo grey eyelash glue 
Elise Blue Lashes



FACE
SKIN PREP
Clearasil Toner
Guerlain L'Or
Guerlain Meteorite Perles

MAKEUP
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW50
BlackUp Foundation in FL06 & FL08
Ben Nye Powder in Banana & Sienne
Maybelline Fit me Concealer in Cafe Cafe & Deep Fonce
Ben Nye Media Pro HD Powder 
MAC Studio Fix Powder in NW45
Guerlain Terracotta 4 seasons powder in ebony(for contour)
BlackUp Blush in BL03
L.A. Pride Bronzer in 02

LIPS
NYX Lip Pencil in Nude Pink 858
Guerlain Rouge Automatique Lipstick in 141
Guerlain Lip Gloss



VOILA!



Photography by Me. Headwrap by Molbaks-Aso Oke
























And to my MUA sisters, the Pro Cam will come. In the meantime, develop your skills. We will all get there
Much love!!!!

Till next post hunnies

5 comments:

  1. Amen to all your prayers.
    Your post is loaded.

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen again and again....thank you so much love

      Delete
  2. Good morning ma.im.an upcoming makeup artist.please can you give me rips on how to get great pictures like yours?.i really don't know how to go about it thank u in anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dora, I am so sorry this is coming really late. I hope that you would have gotten your answers by now.
      But I will consider doing a post soon just to add to what you already know. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. I love this post!!!!!
    I know this is totally unrelated, but what is your hair routine/regimen. You have great hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete